Minis and Juniors return to Rugby, 04/04/2021
A beautifully sunny Sharpham Road saw the return to rugby for the CVRFC minis and Juniors section on the 4th April 2021 following the lockdown announced in December 2020.
We turned out with all age groups represented, including the Cheddar and Weston Roses (U13 Girls).
Aidan Cottee the Minis and Juniors section chair said "It is great after such a long layoff to see so many people back, enjoying themselves after such an uncertain time. It is important that while we keep these sessions fun, we maintain our discipline around COVID safe procedures to ensure that this is the last time we have to 'return'. Thanks to all the parents and players for bearing with us whilst we get used to a new way of training."
It is planned that, following two weeks of training without refreshment available the acclaimed 'chicken shed' will be re-opened for hot and cold beverages from the 18th April. Hopefully soon to be followed by the new pavilion building which has shot up during the lock down period.
Measures to allow training
1. All players, spectators (Only 1 per player) and coaches must register with the proactive app for each training session. No registration, no training. http://app.proactivereporting.com/covid19/form/Z4Bluz1JcVNerLQg
2. Using the NHS Track and Trace APP, scan the QR code at pitch side for your age group. If you go to more than one age group, scan there too. If you are unable to scan, please sign in using the red book that the coaches have. Just your name and a contact number is sufficient.
3. Help the coaches to ensure that all players hands are washed with alcohol gel on arrival and every 15 minutes.
4. Coaches will clean equipment every 15 minutes.
5. Spectators should maintain 2M social distancing at all times.
Welcome back everyone, enjoy the improving weather and some epic rugby.